Accessibility Plan and Policies for Majestic Media Ltd.
This Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that Majestic Media will put in place in Ontario to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. This Policy and Plan will be updated on an ongoing basis where appropriate, and at least once every five years.
Majestic Media is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergecy Information
Majestic Media is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way, upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Majestic Media will provide training to employees, volunteers, and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws, on the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers, and other staff members. Majestic Media will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessibility laws:
- Train all new employees during orientation;
- Train all current employees;
- Train all persons who provide goods, services, or facilities on behalf of the Company;
- Seek out best practices in order to deliver the most effective ongoing training;
- Maintain records of the training provided, including dates of delivery and the number of individuals to whom training is provided; and
- Provide training when changes are made to the Accessibility Policy.
Information and Communication
Majestic Media is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Majestic Media will take proactive steps to ensure that its feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities, upon request.
Majestic Media will take appropriate steps to ensure that it offers accessible formats and communication support to people with disabilities upon request, and in a timely manner. Majestic Media will notify the public of the availability of such formats and supports, and provide guidelines on how formats and supports may be requested.
All new or substantially refreshed websites and content on those sites will conform with WCAG 2.1 Level A.
Majestic Media is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Majestic Media will take the following steps to notify the public and employees that, when requested, Majestic Media will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes, and when people are hired.
- Majestic Media will notify its employees and the public, on all job postings, about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
- Majestic Media will notify job applicants when they are selected to participate in the assessment portion of selection process that accommodations are available, upon request; and
- When presenting offers of employment, Majestic Media will notify successful applicants of the company’s accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Majestic Media will take appropriate steps to develop and put in place a process for creating individual performance management plans, career development plans, and accommodation plans for employees with disabilities, as well as return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
Majestic Media will provide accessible formats and communication support to employees with disabilities, with information required in order to perform the employee’s job and for information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
The goal of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”) is to create a more accessible Ontario, by identifying, and to the extent possible, preventing, and eliminating barriers experienced by persons with a disability. The Act requires employers to ensure that its policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with the core principles of dignity, equality of opportunity, integration, and independence.
Majestic Media is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for The Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service is primarily about removing attitudinal and systemic barriers. Majestic Media is committed to providing high quality service to all its clients including people with disabilities.
Majestic Media will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Majestic Media will ensure that all employees, volunteers, and other staff members who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf and people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services, receive training in compliance with Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Training will include:
- Customer Service Standard policy;
- policy related to Customer Service Standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- with providing goods or services to people with disabilities;
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Majestic Media’s services; and
- Changes made to the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
Modification to Policies
Company policies that do not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.